Do you ever feel like ideas run through your head at the speed of light with the force of Niagra Falls? But then sometimes generating new ideas can feel like trekking through a pit of quicksand?
I experience both of these situations all the time. Sometimes ideas are coming with such a quickness that I can hardly keep up with them. I have to write them down, record them somehow, so that I don’t lose them somewhere along the way, because tomorrow may bring a bunch more. Then tomorrow comes and the flow of ideas may come to a screeching halt.
One thing I’ve learned is the power of writing down the ideas. Some days I can write down 15 ideas while I have my morning coffee, other days, ideas come to me throughout the course of the day. Since I have embarked on this Lists of Tens Thursdays, I decided it would be a good idea (see there they go) to knock out 2 things at once. So I’m creating this list of 10 ideas I’ve been having, some of which I’m already working on, and some of which I just don’t want to forget.
- Road trips with my family – Yearly, my children (ages 27, 21, and 19) and I take a trip, not far from Austin, just down to the Guadalupe River, to some cabins we love to stay in. It’s only an hour from home, but the change of scenery, time spent relaxing, just having fun together, is something we all look forward to very much. I think it’s fairly safe to say that any parent knows it can be difficult to get all the grown children together, and away all at the same time. Due to serious illness in the family and the birth of my grandbaby, we have skipped the past 2 years. All of my children have mentioned it several times recently, and so it is a priority in all of our minds to get back to the regularly scheduled program with that. I hope to be able to report back soon that reservations have been made for February 2017.
- WordPress WordCamp ATX 2017 – I’ve been playing with WordPress and blogging for several years now and I am absolutely in love with it. When I got the invitation to attend a planning meeting for an upcoming WP WordCamp ATX 2017 event, I was thrilled. I’ll keep ya’ll posted. It’s all in the works. Soon I will know what committee I’m on.
- South Austin WordPress Meetup Group – This is an extension of my WP and blogging goals and endeavors. After all, what better way to become an expert in something, than to totally immerse yourself in it, right? The first meeting I have coordinated is a panel discussion, Q&A, hands-on type of session. It happens tonight.
- Blog-Time! Group – And yet another extension! Because when I say immerse, I mean totally! This series of meetings that I’m coordinating will begin in November. Details to come.
- Guest blogging – Well, I’m not one to toot my own horn, so that’s not what I will do here. I’m just super excited about officially being a guest blogger. I would like to write a book someday. Being a guest blogger serves many purposes throughout the journey of becoming an author. I am very thankful to Mind and Life Matters, for allowing me the opportunity.
- Beta reader – I’ve recently heard these wise words, “In order to be a good writer, you must be a good reader first.” Spoken by my professor in my creative writing class. I’ve always loved reading with a passion, but had gotten out of the habit for quite a few years, due to life’s responsibilities. In addition to books I’m reading for class, and personal enjoyment, I have taken on a beta reading project that I’m learning a lot from and having a lot of fun with.
- Study / Support group with classmates – I am thankful for the opportunity of being a part of a very special group of people. Free Minds Class of 2017, studies in the humanities. We have lost a few classmates along the way, due to different life circumstances they have going on. We’re all struggling with balancing the responsibilities of life, while we continue our educations and expand our minds to new experiences. In order to create an environment of community and support, I formed a study / support group. Our first meeting is this upcoming Saturday.
- Lil Owl’s Little Free Library – I’ve made progress on this one. I’ve received my charter number, registered on the Little Free Library World Map, created a FaceBook page for it, and begun reaching out to make friends with other LFL stewards and fans. Building, stocking, and a grand opening ceremony are in the planning stage now.
- Retreats / Workshops – My dream is to hold self-care/self-renewal retreats and workshops in beautiful places. To create a time and space where women of all ages can get away from the day to day pressures and routines of life, take time to rest and relax, do some soul searching and reconnecting with their truest selves and their deepest aspirations. I will start these close to home, because there are plenty of beautiful venues right here in Austin and the surrounding Texas Hill Country. My aim is to expand to other wonderful locations around the world. I am also planning on developing some for teen girls and caregivers.
- 10 Ideas Per Day a 30 Day Challenge – I’m developing a 30 day challenge. I will present it here on my blog. It will include great content and inspiration, and access to a closed Facebook group, for additional community and fun along our journeys. It will be free to participate in. Think about this for a moment, 10 ideas per day for 30 days = 300 ideas you will have generated in just one month!! What goals could this cause you to begin working on, what progress could you make in your life? I will be posting more on this soon.
I have come to find over the years that making these lists creates great clarity and momentum. It frees up space in the mind and heart for new ideas, new thoughts to form. It also helps keep track of progress being made. Progress is important, it fuels momentum.
What do you think? Are you a fan of making lists? What kinds of lists and ideas have you made and how has it helped you? I would love to hear back from you on your own experiences with this. Also, please comment if you would like to participate in the challenge. Please share in the section below.
Until next time, LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!!